What to Expect Before and After Juvederm Q&A
Juvederm is a dermal filler that is typically used to plump up lips and straighten out fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. The amount and type of Juvederm used, as well as the patient’s age and skin condition, can all affect the before and after the appearance of Juvederm treatment. Juvederm therapy may help to smooth out wrinkles and creases around the lips and nose to give patients more youthful skin. Juvederm can also recover facial volume lost as a result of aging or weight reduction. Your physical characteristics, such as your lips, chin, or jawline, are improved with Juvederm to give you a more defined and attractive appearance. Our professionals provide medical-grade aesthetic services. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Midtown, North, and Midwest City OKC.
Table of Contents:
What to expect after getting Juvederm?
At what age should you start Juvederm?
How do I take care of my face after fillers?
How many times can you get Juvederm?
You can anticipate immediate results after receiving Juvederm, such as minimized wrinkles and enhanced facial features. A tiny needle is used to inject the filler into the skin, and the entire process usually takes under 30 minutes. You might experience a small amount of swelling or redness near the injection site, but this should go away quickly.
Juvederm is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that requires little to no downtime and enables patients to immediately resume their regular activities. Depending on the specific area treated and the patient’s response to the filler results typically last between 6 and 12 months. Follow-up treatment is recommended within that time frame to maintain the most desirable results from the injection.
Many people can relate to the desire to delay or reverse the effects of aging. So at what age should someone consider getting dermal fillers such as Juvederm? Instead of focusing on a specific age, it’s crucial to concentrate on the area of concern. Patients must be at least 18 to make an informed decision, but parents may consent to fillers for younger clients. A thorough consultation will determine what course of treatment is best for your specific needs.
A majority of our clients are in their 30s and 40s, as collagen production significantly decreases as we age. Juvederm works by replenishing the skin’s natural stores of hyaluronic acid and stimulating collagen production, helping to restore a more youthful appearance. The treatment is used to erase signs of aging, such as sun damage, fine lines, and loss of volume in the skin. If you are eager to reverse these signs and regain a youthful and radiant complexion, Juvederm may be the right solution for you! Book a consultation to discuss your concerns and goals today, we are here to help you feel confident and see impeccable results almost immediately.
After your treatment, you should do the following to effectively care for your facial fillers:
● Apply an ice pack and Arnica topically to lessen bruising. Arnica and Bromelain tablets are natural supplements that minimize swelling and bruising. Eating fresh pineapple can also help with bruising.
● Take acetaminophen as needed to ease any discomfort.
● Do not scratch, rub, or pick at the injection site. Mild discomfort is normal and typically goes away in a matter of hours to days. Please get in touch with our clinic if these symptoms persist for longer than three days.
● Avoid applying high heat to the treated area until both the swelling and redness have subsided. This means avoiding saunas, hot tubs, tanning beds, and waxing of the treated area.
● We advise taking an antihistamine during the day, such as Claritin, and an antihistamine at night, such as Benadryl, to help reduce swelling.
● You can massage the area if there is a noticeable bump. You may notice some firmness, depending on the areas treated and the specific filler used. With time, these firm spots will soften and settle. Typically, this takes about 1 to 2 weeks.
● You should use a mild cleanser on the area before you apply sunscreen and makeup.
● Drinking alcohol or engaging in vigorous exercise should be avoided for the first few days after treatment, as they both increase the risk of bruising.
Juvederm’s results last a very long time as compared to other dermal fillers, which is one of the factors that make it so popular. Although every person’s experience will be unique, the effects of Juvederm fillers typically last between 6 and 24 months.
This range is fairly broad, and that’s because each distinct formula contains hyaluronic acid molecules of a different size. The longevity of each formula can also be impacted by the manufacturing procedures used to bind the formulas. Nevertheless, it is usually unnecessary to undergo several Juvederm treatments in a single year. It is advised to schedule treatments every 1 to 2 years in order to achieve and preserve your ideal results. If you suspect you need Juvederm on a more frequent basis, you should schedule a consultation with one of our experts. They will assess your goals and create a customized treatment schedule that is optimal for you.
Juvederm can help you regain your freshness and youthful shine. Get reliable and top services from us. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from Midwest City OKC, North OKC, Midtown OKC, Flynn OK, Choctaw OK, Lake Aluma OK, Lillard Park OK, and surrounding areas.